Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day

I cannot believe that it is the end of May already. I have been doing a lot of thinking about geneology this month. So I was looking up some relatives on my family tree and realized that my great grand aunt on my grandma's side is actually buried about 25 miles from where I live. So on memorial day I thought it would be fun to go out and visit her grave. It actually was not that hard to find. It was kind of fun wandering around the cemetery looking at the old gravestones. My husband and I started a game to see who could find the oldest grave stone. There were a lot of veteran's graves in this cemetery and it made be proud to be an American when I saw the graves and the flags next to them. I am so grateful for my Grandfather and uncle and brother who have served or now are serving to protect this country! Here are some pictures that I took at the cemetery!

No comments:

Post a Comment