Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 4: Something I have to forgive someone for

THis is a tough one. I know that forgivness is for ourselves as much as it is for the other person. I am grateful that we have the opportunity to forgive people. But I asl know that we have a responsibilty to take care of ourselves. Just becasue we forgive someone does not mean that we have to stay in a situation where we will continue to get hurt. You can forgive someone without having to trust them again. For example if one is in an abusive relationship be it emotional physical or what ever you can get out of the situation and still forgive the person who truly hurt you. I had a friend in High School who really used me and was not very nice to me. I realize now that she had issues that she liked to take out on me. It has taken me several years but I have forgiven her. I do not have hang out with her anymore or put myself in situation where she can use me again but I realize that she was just living her life the only way she knew how. But hI have forgiven her and got on with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment