Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 14.A hero that has let you down.

For privacy the names in this letter have been changed.
Dear Uncle Ron,
For all of my life I have looked up to you and thought you were a knight in shining armor set out to rescue Damsels in distress on your white charger. When I was little you used to tease me about being found in a cabbage patch and my brother was found in a catalog and my sister found under a rock of broken sand dollars. When I was 12 you gave me a hug and dipped me saying "parting is such sweet sorrow." Just like Cary Grant did to one of the girls in Father Goose that we had watched the night before. Then all at once you were out of my life and you wanted nothing to do with my side of our family. I don't know why you suddenly jsut disappeared from my life but it hurt. Then When I turned 21 and had my farewell for my Mission. We came to see you when your daughter was getting married. You asked me what we were doing there becassue you thought I was busy. Well dear uncle we were doing what we are supposed to we were supporting family. Then when we left you gave me a hug and told me to be careful. So I realiazed that deep down you were still my Knight in shining armor that you were just hiding. I hope some day that you realize how much you niece loves you . But I guess I will just have to settle with the memories I have of you until you get your act togther and realize that family is very important. Thanks for listening.
Your Niece
MRE

1 comment: